Very easy to prepare, with an intense flavor. A perfect little chocolate bite to end a Christmas meal.
- Preheat oven at 170 ºC
- In a bowl and using a hand mixer, add these one by one, mixing until smooth each time:
85 g unsalted butter (better if it is already at room temperature)
+ 180 g brown sugar
+ 50 g white sugar
+ 1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk
+ 175 mL red wine
+ 5 mL vanilla extract
- In a second bowl, mix together, using a sieve:
135 g wheat flour
+ 40 g pure cacao powder
+ 1 sachet baking powder
+ 1/4 teaspoon salt
+ 1/4 ground cinnamon
- Pour the dry ingredients over the wet batter and mix well together until homogeneous.
- Transfer to a greased 20 cm baking tin.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until fully cooked inside.
- Let the cake cool down and sprinkle some caster sugar on the top.
I learnt this from Smitten Kitchen.